Food for Beauty: We don’t always know what are inside these cleansing lotions, yet it is important to include facial cleansing, in your daily routine. Cleansing creams are the lotions, which remove dirt and grease from your skin by dissolving them. Besides removing dirt, it also removes traces of makeup. Soap and water can remove typical dirt but can’t go deeply into the pores of skin and remove make-up that has waxy base. Cleansing lotions are the best resort in winter when wind is dry and you should avoid use of soap. There are number of options for preparing homemade cleansing creams. You can prepare them easily with the help of natural products. These creams can be stored if preserved properly. It should be applied in circular motions and after that rinse your skin with lukewarm water
Milk Cleanser: Milk is the most effective and natural ingredient for your face to get instant freshness and glowing look. This is good for all skin types.
- Take half a cup of cold milk. Add half teaspoon of salt. Stir.
- Take balls of cotton, soak and then gently dab milk and salt lotion all over forehead, face and neck.
- Leave it on for 2-3 minutes. Apply again.
- Now rub gently in the circular motion and wash off.
- The salt in the milk gently exfoliate dead skin and the milk nourishes the skin.
- Prepare a mixture of two tablespoons of yogurt and 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice which acts as an effective cleanser and apply.
Coconut Cleanser for normal skin:
- Melt 3 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp glycerin, 2 tsp water together in a double boiler.
- Once melted, remove from heat and beat with a whisk for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to jar when cooled, smooth over entire face avoiding eye area.
- Wash off with warm water.
Buttermilk and Fennel cleansing lotion for normal and blemished skin:
- Boil 2 tbsp crushed fennel seeds in ½ cup buttermilk for ½ an hour.
- After that cool it for two hours and pour in airtight jar.
- You can store it up to 2 weeks.
Important Note: The articles presented are provided by third party authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Saloni™ Health and Beauty Supply. They should not be construed as medical advice or diagnosis. Consult with your physician prior to following any suggestions provided.