The face may be the window to our soul and thus, deserving of all the special care that we lavish on it but our hands do a lot for us and those around us and our feet do the important task of carrying our weight to all places imaginable and sometimes, unimaginable. Considering that, it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that we don’t always give them the kind of care and attention that they deserve. Anyway, it’s still not too late to make amends. There are loads of things that you can do to pamper your hands and feet without going to a salon.
Taking Care of Your Hands and Nails
- As far as your hands are concerned, taking care of your nails are a must. For starters: You can rub petroleum jelly, coconut oil or even castor oil on your nails and then buff with a soft cloth. That should render an amazing shine and look of health to them. Massaging them every two days will help those with soft nails that break easily. Another way to harden soft nails would be to soak them in warm olive for 20 minutes every second day.
- There’s stuff you can do even during your regular chores: Making the dough for roti? Don’t just wash off the Atta, just mix some milk and a drop or two of lemon and leave it on your hands for a few minutes. The kind of cleansing and softening this does to your hands is rather hard to beat by a lot of cosmetics.
- To soften coarse and dry hands: Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice mixed with a teaspoon of sugar and water. Rinse hands after a minute or so. You can also mix 1/3 of a cup of glycerin and 2/3 of a cup of rosewater, mix them well in a bottle by shaking them. Store in a cool place and massage into your hands regularly.
- For hand exfoliation: Mix two tablespoons of oil (baby, safflower, vegetable, olive) with three tablespoons of sugar, preferably coarse. Make a paste out of it and gently rub it into your hands. Rinse with warm water.
- For cuticle care: You can use a teaspoon of warmed olive oil or two drops of eucalyptus essential oil and a teaspoon of Jojoba oil and push back your cuticles and massage the oil into it.