Oily skin is a result of our body producing more oil than required. It is easily prone to blackheads, whiteheads, blemishes and breakouts. It may be due to external weather or hormonal imbalance. If your skin is oily, that does not mean you cannot do makeup. It’s something worth knowing what works best for your skin. Too much secretion of oil gives a dull and greasy look to the face. When you notice oil on your face and half washed makeup, your carefully selected trendy outfit also ruin its worth!
Tricks and Tips:
Wash your face with cold water before doing makeup; it will close pores. Oily skin can occur without washing your face properly. People with oily skin must wash their face 2-3 times a day to keep skin oil free and healthy. Always use products according to your skin type. There are many brands producing products for oily skin. Do not use moisturizers or moisturizing soaps to physically remove dead cells and oil from your pores. For this, use an oil control face wash. Choose those cleansers and toners which contain salicylic acid in it.
It is not a good idea to use oil-based makeup. Since your face produces more oil than usual, invest in oil free products which do not clog pores. Your foundation, loose powder, eyeliner, kaajal and blush on should be long wear or water resistant. You can use a mineral-based powder foundation. Mineral powder has silica which reduces oil. Many concealers and foundations are available now with mineral as essential ingredient. The best way to have a smooth makeup is to prepare your face using light moisturizer and oil-free toner before applying base.
Keep blotting paper with you always, it absorbs excess oil from your face and can also be used on makeup face. Loose powder with a good puff must be in your bag, whenever you feel oil on your face or oilier t-zone, use them. It is ideal for those having oily skin.
Get Rid Of Oiliness with Some Homemade Masks
• Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) is the best mud mask for oily skin. Mix it with rosewater and pinch of turmeric, apply it on face and let it dry, rinse off with water. It will absorb impurities and extra oil.
• Mix and apply yoghurt, apple cider vinegar and lime twice a week for 15 minutes. It controls sebum production.
• Use mixture of butter milk and gram flour (besan). It is a natural face mask to control oil.
• Mash 1 banana; add 1 tbsp honey and 10 drops of lemon juice in it. Apply on face for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with water.
• Peel cucumber, blend it and add 1 tbsp. plain yoghurt it in. Apply for 10 minute on your face and remove it with warm water. Yoghurt exfoliates your oily skin.
• Mix egg white with 1 tbsp. honey and apply on face for 20 minutes. Remove with water.
Healthy eating is also important with care!