In the cold harsh months of winter, many can feel their hands looking dull, thirsty and troubled because of the weather. Not only will the cold air blast your skin when you are out and about but the heating that you put on in your homes will dry your skin. There are many tips for winter hand care that you can utilize to ensure that your hands are at its best all of the year around.
Humidify in House: If your house is unusually dry, this could be contributing to your winter dry hands. Try adding a humidifier to your home during the winter months. Place a bowl of water near heater to moisten inside environment of your house. You can also add rose water in water for a delicate aroma. This simple tip will prevent your skin including your hands from drying.
Wear Gloves: Wearing gloves in winter keep your skin soft especially always wear them when you are going to work with water. Overexposure to both water and harsh chemicals in dish-washing liquids draws natural moisture and lubrication out of your hands.
Use Moisturizer: Always moisturize. That is the be all and end all of keeping your hands soft and smooth. Moisturizing lotions and creams not only provide a protective shield for your hands, but also hydrate them and make up for the dryness. Moisturizing is one of the most important things that you can do for your hands. Several times a day, use a natural hand cream or coconut oil to nourish and moisturize the skin of your hands.
Shorten Your Showers: Long showers can be drying to the skin. Keep your showers as short as possible and avoid using hot water. Warm water is less drying. Don’t forget to apply moisture cream to your hands and body when you step out of the shower.
Avoid Washing Hands Often: Avoid washing your hands often, because the mere act of washing hands will cause dryness. Use a hand sanitizer instead. When washing hands with water, avoid using soaps as far as possible because they dry the skin out more. Instead, use a good quality hand wash that has oils, lapin or other moisturizing agents in it.
Natural Remedies for Hand Care:
- Take a 1/4 cup of sugar and mix with some of your favorite lotion.
- Rub your hands together letting the sugar remove the dead skin.
- Wash with soap and water then dry your hands and put on a good moisturizer.
- This will make your hands very soft.
- Soak your hands in a mixture of 4 tbsp olive oil and 2 cups warm water for 10-15 minutes and then wash off.
- Apply a moisturizer afterward.
- Grind mung beans into a powder, add water and then scrub.
- Use a hand mask of aloe vera.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and applies the sap over your hands.
- Then massage in and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- One of best hand mask for hands. Make a concoction of 1 tbsp glycerin, 6 tbsp rose water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 egg yolk and 1 lemon juice and apply to the hands.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Give your hands steam for 10 minutes.
- Do not soak them in hot water, only steam them.
- This will not only open up the pores but will soften and eventually get rid of the hardened or chipped skin on your hands.
- Then use a hand mask on your hands, cover with gloves and leave it overnight.
By incorporating all these tips to your winter hand care regime, you will a healthy winter skin.
Important Note: The articles presented are provided by third party authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of makeup.saloni.pk. They should not be construed as medical advice or diagnosis. Consult with your physician prior to following any suggestions provided.